Stand at the end of the world
Greetings, my name is Ho-il Yoon, the President of the Korea Polar Research Institute.
We will do our best to become the foremost research institute dedicated to the development of polar science as well as to earn the trust and respect of the people.
- 1995 ~ 1998Ph.D. in Marine Geology, Inha University
- 1979 ~ 1983B.Sc. in Oceanography, Inha University
- Jul 30, 2016Present, President of the Korea Polar Research Institute
- 2015 ~ 2016Vice-President of the Korea Polar Research Institute
- 2014 ~ 2015Senior Research Director, Korea Polar Research Institute
- 2014 ~ PresentVice President of the Korea Polar Research Council
- 2013 ~ 2014Director of Climate Change Research Institute, Korea Polar Research Institute
- 2003 ~ 200417th over-wintering Team leader of Antarctic King Sejong Station
- 1986 Joined the Polar Research Laboratory of the Korea Ocean Research Institute
- 2012 ~ 2014Director, Geological Society of Korea (2012 ~ 2014)
- 2002 ~ 2004Committee member, SCAR Geosciences group
- 2002 ~ 2003Editor, Journal of the Korean Oceanography Society and Korean Geological Society
- May 5, 2005Awarded by the Minister of Science and Technology